Sunday 21 January 2007

The Busy Weekend

Well I have had another busy weekend. Clearing out attics and filling skips. I have also been shopping for my friends new little 'un. I haven't seen him yet and they haven't decided on the name yet but I have bought him some bits and bobs and I have also sent him some socks and things. I made the green stripey socks when Marie first told me she was pregnant. For some reason I must have known she was going to have a boy.

CONGRATULATIONS Marie and Dave. These purple and aqua booties and mittens were made from Jager Double Knit and Rowan Kid silk. The Stripey ones are made from bits I had hanging around. My gran mother left me a great deal of knitting wool with no labels but it does come in handy for these little projects. I have added a little of the aqua Rowan Kidsilk for that fluffy touch .

The booties with stars on were Marie's fave when I showed her all the bits I had knitted but unfortunately or even fortunately these sold so I do not have a pair to give her now but I will make her some. Again these were made from bits and bobs from Gran. She did have a good selection. Just a shame I seem to have used loads of it up now.

I have also been experimenting for new Guide craft evenings. I bought some shrink plastic years ago for this reason but have never got round to trying it out until today. Chris is at a booze bros gig which leaves me loads of time on my own to pootle about which Chris says I do all the time but I think I do it because I always have. I am almost an only child as I have a step sister but she never really lived with us. Which means I am just used to entertaining my self. Any way enough of that. This plastic stuff is great. You draw a picture on it, cut it out, chuck it in the oven for a minute or so, stick it under a book and, magic you have a key ring or a book mark or what ever you want. I have made my self a badge for Guides so every one knowes my name. I am well impressed but now need to buy more as my guide unit is 10 times bigger than it was when I bought this stuff.

In my last entry I said I would add a picture of the bogey green scarf. This is it so far. I have done loads but do not seem to be getting too far which is not surprising with 299 stitches even though it decreases with every row. The picture does not do this justice. This is getting to be massive and I really can not wait to get to shorter rows. I am still at about 250 stitches so it can't be far. I do have one worry which is that this doesn't seem to have an obvious pattern even though I am following a pattern. May be when I can see the whole thing flat and not bunched up on the needles it will look better. We shall have to see. I have made it with Jelly coloured Rowan Kidsilk. Have to say there is a bit of a theme with with textile at the moment I do find it the one I am drawn to the most out of all my collection. Shame Gran didn't have any in her collection.

Back to work tomorrow. There goes another week end. Surprise, Surprise I have not sold the Beret and Bag. I shall pop it on again along with some other stuff and see how that goes. Will keep you updated

No comments: