Sunday 29 April 2007

Small projects are just as much fun

So I have been moving offices at work and am wondering how things are going to work out once we have moved. We are not going tot be able to do any work Monday because of the move and I have to say I am quite excited. I am going to be working in the same office as my father which could go either way. We shall have to see.

Last night our back door broke and I could not lock it. This meant I was under house arrest as he was out playing cricket. I had to entertain myself so of course out came the knitting. I thought it would be lovely to start and finish a project all in one evening which I have done. I made these little slippers. They took me about 2.5hours start to finish and I had them on e-bay by 9:30am this morning when the window man, Nigel turned up and fixed the doors. So helpful coming out on a Sunday.

Just to add another picture here is Elvis jungling and I have just noticed by putting this picture on that we have some Lilly of the Valley in our garden. This is great because it is my faverorite flower. Its so small and beautifully formed and it was my Nanny's fave flower. When I got married because non of my grandparents were still here to be at the wedding I had little tokens of things they liked to remind me of them. A dancing shoe for my Gran, a cross necklace for my Grandad who was a vicar and Lilly of the Valley in my boquet for my Nanny. and now we have some in the garden. I am so pleased as we have been trying to grow them for ages.

During the Easter weekend I asked him to tape the Miss Marple episode on the Monday so I could watch it when we got home. He did but of course miss the ending when you find out what has been happening. Years ago my mum gave me her collection of Agatha Christie books and low and behold in here was this book. I have now had to start reading this so I could find out who did it. I tell you what it takes a lot longer than watching it on the telly. I am sure mum will not forgive me for this but look at how old it is.

No comments: